Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Bright Tuesday

Christ is risen!

Wow! Lent is finally over; and what a journey it was! I went through a lot of personal junk and am thankful to God that I made it through. It seems that the enemy doesn't sleep during Lent, but awakens with arrows ready.

On another note, I have been doing a little composing lately. I am working on some music for the tropar to St. John, our parish's patron. I am very excited about this, and pray that God will inspire the correct melody. I have also been doing a lot of listening: Rachmaninoff, Gretchaninoff, Beethoven and The Jayhawks. I was in a relationship once where, instead of watching movies or television, we would just sit and listen to music. What a wonderful thing. When was the last time you sat down and just listened? I took that with me and am trying to learn how to do that again. It is so easy to just hear 3-4 minute songs and not concentrate on what you are experiencing. I am trying to regain that focus. I think I'll get rid of the television.

Keep listening, you may be surprised what you hear.

1 comment:

  1. Indeed He is Risen!

    I got to talk to our mutual Godfather (Billy) yesterday for the first time in awhile...great to hear his voice.

    ReplyDelete