Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quotes I Love!!!


Here are some quotes that I have come to love:

Come, my Light, and illumine my darkness.
Come, my Life, and revive me from death.
Come, my Physician, and heal my wounds.
Come, Flame of divine love, and burn up the thorns
of my sins, kindling my heart with the flame of love.
Come, my King, sit upon the throne of my heart and reign there.
For thou alone art my King and my Lord.
-St. Dimitrii of Rostov


O Trinity, uncreated and without beginning,
O undivided Unity, three and one,
Father, Son and Spirit, a single God:
Accept this our hymn from tongues of clay
As if from mouths of Flame.
-From the Lenten Triodion

God's name is not known, it is wondered at.
-St. Gregory of Nyssa

Again we pray that as thou didst deem a lowly cave to be a fit dwelling for the Lord Almighty, so thou wouldst ever make our souls and bodies temples worthy to contain the uncontainable God.
-From Paraklesis service from the Feast of the Nativity

The blameless Lady was amazed at the height of the mystery, in truth past speech, that covered the heavens with knowledge, and said, "The heavenly throne is consumed in flames as it holds thee; how is it, then, that I carry thee, my Son?"
-Also from Paraklesis of the Feast of the Nativity

No comments:

Post a Comment